Foundation of Health.
DexaStrong’s new clinic in Leeds is the first of its kind in Yorkshire, providing a high-end range of private services under one roof; specialising in bone and muscle health and founded and led by UK-renowned medical experts. The DexaStrong Clinic’s scanning service is evidence-based and its director team are actively involved in research at Leeds Becket University.
- DEXA Bone Density Scanning.
- Body composition scanning for muscle and fat composit.
- Bone-loading therapy and Powerplate whole-body vibration technology.
- Individual consultations (Face to face and remote) with our medical experts (Including menopause and bone and muscle health and sarcopenia).
Age stronger with DexaStrong.
The DexaStrong team’s mission is to help detect, diagnose, treat and educate people about bone and muscle health & strengthening in order to keep the public as healthy as long as possible into old age.
- DexaStrong is a 10-minute walk from Leeds train station and offers Leeds’s first exclusively-private DEXA scanning service.
- We welcome referrals from healthcare professionals and allied health professions, as well as people who wish to self-refer for scans, consultation and exercise programmes.
Welcoming you to DexaStrong’s new, high-end private and purpose-built clinic in central Leeds
A specialised bone and muscle health clinic founded and run by UK-recognised, specialist clinicians
DexaStrong Bone Density Scans
- DEXA scans (Dual Energy X-Ray Obsorptiometry) is the gold standard for assessing bone density.
- Full Body Composition Scans measuring bone, fat and muscle content together with fat distribution in and around organs.
- Scans are undertaken by trained professionals and results provided, with option to select an Enhanced Report.
Bone-loading therapy and Powerplate whole-body vibration technology
- Bone-load therapy offered as an alternative to high-impact exercise, to improve strength, balance and posture.
- Helps to increase strength and improve balance over the course of supervised sessions.
- Offered in conjunction with Vibration Therapy to aid muscle and bone strengthening.
Appointments with Specialists
- DexaStrong Clinic offers face to face appointments with private GP’s with specialist interest in menopause and men’s health and specialists in musculoskeletal radiology and orthopaedic sports injuries.
Prices from £149.00
Why a Bone and Muscle Health Clinic?
Our team of DexaStrong clinical experts hold Consultant and Professor posts in orthopaedics and radiology and all have special interest in maintaining optimum bone health and density and muscle mass. These experts teamed with practitioners experienced in running BoneStrong, a weight-loading therapy programme to set up DexaStrong as a renowned and specialist centre.
What type of customers could benefit from our services?
DEXA (Bone Density) Scans:
- Male and females diagnosed with osteopenia or osteoporosis.
- Women who are pre-menopausal, or going though menopause, or post-menopausal.
- Anyone interested in a bone and muscle health check.
- Anyone who may be at risk of osteoporosis.
- Sport-related bone issues in the younger patient.
Body Composition (Muscle/fat) scans:
- Athletes - recreational and professional.
- Gym or general fitness enthusiasts wanting to find out about their body muscle/fat content and how to improve it.
- Older people suffering muscle loss and requiring expert input on which muscle areas to strengthen.
- Those suffering from joint or back pain.
- Those who want to understand their fat balance in order to lose weight and improve their physical performance.
Bone-Loading Therapy and PowerPlate whole body vibration technology
- Anyone wishing to optimise their bone and muscle health and improve strength, balance and posture.
- Pre, peri and post-menopausal women.
- Patients requiring pre-op strengthening and rehabilitation.
- People who are experiencing, or at risk of sarcopenia (muscle loss).
What is DEXA Scanning?
DEXA stands for “dual energy X-ray absorptiometry” and is a type of X-ray which is passed through the body at a very low dose. A DEXA scan measures the density of bones to determine if a person is at higher risk of developing osteoporosis. The scan can also help to detect other potential bone disorders and conditions such as osteopenia and can be undertaken in 15-20 minutes.
Osteoporosis is extremely common, affecting over 2 million people in the UK. Every year, 300,000 people suffer a fragility fracture (a broken bone resulting from a fall at standing height or less). Fractures cause significant pain, disability and loss of independence. Women are at particular risk of osteoporosis during and following menopause. The condition has no obvious symptoms and very often, people don’t know they have osteoporosis until they suffer a bone fracture. A DEXA scan of the spine and hip will often give the first indication of osteoporosis or osteopenia, a condition which can lead to osteoporosis.
Full Body Composition Scanning
A DEXA scanner also provides a variation of a DEXA scan called “Full Body Composition”. A Full Body Composition scan allows experts at the DexaStrong Clinic to diagnose sarcopenia, a type of muscle loss that occurs with ageing and/or immobility due to muscle injury or an individual’s exercise/training programme. Sarcopenia presents a significant risk to health and wellbeing as people age, as weak muscles can affect peoples’ balance and co-ordination and make them more prone to falls and injury.
On average, a typical rate of muscle loss is 1-2% every year for an adult over the age of 35. Over 60, this increases to 3% per year*. DexaStrong’s experts can then help with strategies to combat muscle loss such as identifying which muscle groups an individual needs to strengthen.
Our nationally-recognised experts at the DexaStrong Clinic are able to calculate age-related muscle mass as well as identifying those areas where there may be a disproportionate amount of muscle loss in an individual so that they can then help with strategies to improve muscle loss
*source : Health online
What is the BoneStrong Bone-Loading programme?
Bones can be strengthened through high-impact activity which creates force through the bones. However, traditional high-impact exercise such as jumping, jogging and weight lifting can also cause injury to bones and joints, especially if people are already at risk of, or diagnosed with osteoporosis.
The DexaStrong Clinic now features an innovative, non pharmaceutical option for bone health which is an alternative to high-impact physical activity. This option offers people a fast but controlled and measurable programme to assist with improving an individual’s bone strength.
The technology at DexaStrong’s clinic is called BoneStrong Bone-Loading Therapy. Clients are guided through each session by our DexaStrong trainers. Each session involves a client seated at or standing at the Bone-Loading unit, a piece of equipment which delivers a “loading” force on 4 musculoskeletal parts of the body. Clients are supervised during the session as required and undertake the sessions on a weekly basis with each session taking only a matter of minutes. The Bone-Loading Therapy takes place in a safe and controlled environment within DexaStrong’s clinic and clients don’t need to get changed to do these sessions.
Everything we do is data-driven and every client will be sent an individualised summary following each session on exactly how much force has been generated through the four body areas.